Clean up crews were busy hosing down fresh tags on the almost-complete Ballarat Regional Soccer Facility yesterday.
City of Ballarat councillor Des Hudson said a report was received about graffiti at the site late Monday.
He said as per council’s normal procedure, a graffiti removal team cleaned tagging from buildings at the Morshead Park site at the earliest opportunity.
It’s believed the state of the art facility could be open as soon as next month.
Last year, the FFA’s AFC Asian Cup Australia 2015 local organising committee chief executive officer Michael Brown and chief operating officer Mark Falvo toured the facility before a visit around Ballarat.
Mr Brown said Ballarat stood a great chance of hosting an international soccer team in late 2014 if the stadium was completed to standard.
Asian Cup teams will arrive in Australia in December 2014 ahead of the January 8, 2015 start date, and will play pre-competition games in their host cities.
Yesterday, Cr Hudson said the first stage of the facility was almost complete.
"Work on Ballarat Regional Soccer Facility Stage One is nearing completion, with only minor works left to do,” he said.
“These are expected to be completed in coming weeks, enabling the facility to be officially opened next month.”