SNOW is expected around the Ballarat region today, as temperatures plunge to an icy 2.9C.
Readers have so far reported it at Daylesford, Leonards Hill and Mollonghip.
The Bureau of Meteorology has issued an almost blanket severe warning for damaging winds across Victoria, with strong gusts expected in alpine areas, parts of the west, south-west, north-central, north-east, central, and the South and East Gippsland districts.
Across the Ballarat region, scattered showers are expected with isolated snow showers in areas above 700 metres with possible hail.
The bureau has also issued a graziers warning, with a high risk of lamb and sheep losses when they are exposed to these conditions.
State Emergency Service advice
- Move vehicles under cover or away from trees
- Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard or balcony
- Keep clear of fallen power lines
- Don't drive, walk or ride through flood water
- Keep clear of creeks and storm drains
- For emergency help in floods and storms, ring your SES Unit on 132 500