THE Bureau of Meteorology has released a severe weather warning for damaging winds across parts of Victoria, including the Bendigo, Ballarat and Warrnambool areas.
It has forecasted damaging winds around 60km/h, gusting up to 100km/h, with elevated areas most likely to be affected.
Isolated thunderstorms could also produce gusts to 100 km/h at some lower elevations.
A low pressure system south of Adelaide will move south east passing over southern Tasmania on Monday night. An associated trough will move through Victoria later today and early Tuesday morning.
State Emergency Service advice
- Move vehicles under cover or away from trees
- Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard or balcony
- Keep clear of fallen power lines
- Don't drive, walk or ride through flood water
- Keep clear of creeks and storm drains
- For emergency help in floods and storms, ring your SES Unit on 132 500