A 350 hectare blaze burning in Maude was controlled by fire crews last night.
About 41 ground crews made up of 200 fire fighters and two air cranes contained the blaze about 8.30pm.
The fire, which is believed to have started in a car in Maude, travelled north-west towards Stieglitz and Shea Oaks about 3.45pm yesterday.
Fire crews from Buninyong, Anakie, Bacchus Marsh, Bannockburn, Maude, Mount Buninyong, Mount Warrrenheip and Myrniong, attended the blaze.
The air resources were dispatched about 4.30pm when fire crews found it difficult to get their trucks into a valley where the fire was burning.
Air cranes Delilah and Malcom were dispatched in the afternoon.
At 7.30pm yesterday, the Country Fire Authority (CFA) reported crews had stopped the spread of the Maude grassfire.
Earlier in the afternoon, emergency warnings were issued for Shea Oaks and Stieglitz, but later the warning was downgraded to ‘watch and act’ and then ‘advice’.
“I can confirm that all the houses that were issued warnings in Stieglitz and Shea Oaks were all saved,” a CFA spokesperson said.
The CFA said no property had been lost as a result of the fire.
“Six years ago to the day, there was a similar fire in the area and it claimed one house,” the CFA spokesperson said.
“Residents should remain vigilant when the temperatures are expected to soar into the high 30s and early 40s next Tuesday.”