Rapid deployment by nine CFA units to a shed fire at Haddon helped prevent the blaze from spreading to a nearby house.
Nine CFA units fought the shed fire in Sago Hill Road from 9.15pm on Saturday and brought the fire under control in about half an hour.
However, damage sustained to the shed and its contents was estimated at about $100,000.
CFA operations officer Bernie Fradd said the fire was not suspicious and investigators had established it was accidentally lit.
Mr Fradd said the contents of the shed, including tools and a horse float, were destroyed but fire crews managed to contain the fire before it damaged the house.
“All in all, it was a good save and some good work done by the Haddon brigade and some of the supporting brigades,” he said.
Friday night was also a busy night for firefighters, with Ballarat City crews called to several jobs that coincided with the onset of colder weather.
Crews first attended a call-out to a fire at an Ascot Street property in Sebastopol at 7.46pm on Friday.
About 11pm, crews were called to a chimney fire at Slaty Creek Road before attending a similar call-out on the corner of Morgan and Spencer streets in Sebastopol.