THE fields for Ballarat Turf Club’s return to racing on Sunday begin to take shape on Tuesday.
Nominations for the eight-race card close at noon.
The program includes two $30,000 country showcase events.
BTC returns to racing after a new $1.5m track refurbishment, which began immediately after last year’s Ballarat Cup in late November.
The project featured new turf on the inner circuit, a drainage upgrade and the removal of the famed dip near the top of the home straight.
- $30,000 country showcase benchmark70 handicap, 3000m
- $30,000 country showcase 0-64 handicap, 1400m
- $17,500 2yo maiden, 1100m
- $17,500 3yo maiden, 1400m
- $17,500 maiden, 1400m
- $17,500 maiden, 2300m.
- $17,500 fillies’ and mares’ 0-64 handicap, 1100m
- $17,500 0-64 handicap, 1600m