East Point big man Liam Rigby had a controversial three-match suspension overturned at the last minute on Saturday morning, allowing him to play in his side's win over Melton South.
Rigby was suspended for three matches for a tackle that left Redan's Leigh Ryall with concussion last week.
However, East Point appealed the tribunal ruling, successfully arguing the tackle was not worthy of a suspension.
The appeal was originally due to be heard next week, however that would have meant Rigby would be disqualified from playing for the Roos on Saturday.
East Point president Maurice O'Keefe said the club had a call from the appeals board, with the appeal rushed forward to 9am on Saturday morning at Saxon House.
It was originally due to be heard in Melbourne on Wednesday.
O'Keefe said it was a great result to see the "common sense" ruling upheld, but said it was disappointing it still cost his club $2500.
"It's a shame it cost us $2500 to do it when the bloke was never guilty," O'Keefe said.
"I was blown away by the report to begin with. He is the nicest young bloke you will meet.
"It has cost us a bit of money but it has made the club even stronger. It has galvanised us as a club, even though it might have been the hard way to do it."
Rigby posted this message on East Point's Facebook page on Saturday morning:
"As everyone is probably aware I received a three week suspension for a tackle last week that left Leigh Ryall from Redan unconscious. The club appealed the decision and the sentence was reduced to a reprimand this morning. I can not thank the club enough for the amount of support I have received over the last week, particularly from the committee and the playing group. Also a massive thank you to John Cotter, Stroudy and Wilks for the time and effort they have put in to appeal the decision on my behalf. The support has been huge and it has been great knowing I had everyone in my corner. Go Roos."Liam Rigby, East Point
To see footage of the tackle, click here.