Fire destroyed a garden shed in Ballarat North yesterday after its owner left an unattended fire burning inside.
CFA crews were called to the Stanley Street home just after 2pm, where they found the shed fully alight. Flames had begun to spill out the side of the shed and thick smoke filled the air.
The blaze was brought under control within 10 minutes, but Ballarat City Fire Brigade station officer Scott Gambino said it could easily have spread.
The shed was filled mainly with gardening supplies, as well as a number of flammable liquids.
“There was a threat to a neighbouring property so it was important we got it under control as soon as we could,” Mr Gambino said.
“It seems the owner left what she was doing when she thought the fire was out.”
Two units from the Ballarat City Fire Brigade attended the scene.