POLICE believe Donald “Donny” Govan is still alive and could possibly be living on the streets in Melbourne’s CBD.
The Linton teenager has been missing for four weeks today since he disappeared from an Echuca camp site.
Since a story about Donald’s disappearance aired on Today Tonight earlier this week, Echuca police have received a wave of fresh calls from people who claimed to have seen the 16-year-old.
None have been confirmed as yet, with apparent sightings coming from across the state.
There have been no reports of sightings in the Ballarat area.
Echuca Criminal Investigation Unit Detective Senior Constable Jason Hare said police were buoyed by the influx of calls they had received.
Most reported him in Melbourne, but there were also calls coming in from a range of areas throughout Victoria.
Detective Hare encouraged anybody who had any suspicion they had seen Donny to contact police.
“We are getting a number of reports in this week but none of them have been confirmed as yet,” Detective Hare said.
“From what we have heard he may be with someone else in the Melbourne CBD.
“Now we have to check security footage in the city, check the safe streets cameras and anything that might be able to help us take this further.
“We would rather check and check and check again because of repeated calls rather than get no calls and have nowhere to look.
“But we’re not limiting the search to the city – the search is still broad.”
Donny disappeared from an Echuca campsite on Saturday, September 1.
There has been one confirmed sighting since, when an elderly woman said he came to her home on the following day and asked for food.