BALLARAT trainers have pounced on the services of champion jockey Damien Oliver for Dowling Forest on Thursday.
Oliver has seven riding engagements on an eight-race card – six for Ballarat stables.
He has four mounts for Darren Weir, and one each for Simon Morrish and Jim Mason.
- Biatreasure (D. Weir) race 1. A three-year-old son of former smart mare Manhattan Treasure, who spent her race career with Weir.
- Chargewest (D. Weir) race 2. Charge Forward-Wester Skeld three-year-old filly making debut.
- Ourgame (S. Morrish) race 3. Had one start for stable at end of last preparation after transfer from Mathew Ellerton-Simon Zahra. First run since May.
- Bia Diamond (D. Weir) race 5. Likes his home track and second in each of past three starts.
- Music Shop (D. Weir) race 6. City winner last preparation. First-up since May with top weight 60kg.
- Vonharp (J. Mason) race 8. Second-up. Is winners on this track.
The opening race is at 1pm.