Ballarat Food Truck Carnival draws thousands

As many as 30,000 people are expected to attend a four-day food truck festival at Ballarat Showgrounds, organisers said.

The Ballarat Food Truck Carnival saw just over 4000 people through the gates on its first night on Thursday.

Proceeds from festival activities and parking will go towards festival organisers’  $200,000 fundraising goal for Monash Children’s Hospital.

There are 23 food trucks including Korean, Uruguyan and Italian. 

“We try and bring the most diverse and best range of trucks that we can,” festival director Mark Lipshut said.

“A lot of them haven’t traded around this area before so they’re happy with how people have come out as well.”

The Food Truck Carnival was first held in Melbourne’s south-east last year and drew 50,000 people. Similar carnivals will also be held in suburban Melbourne.

Ballarat Food Truck Carnival is on at Ballarat Showgrounds from noon until 10pm on Saturday, February 18 and from noon until 9pm on Sunday, February 19.

For more information visit www.ftcco.com.au/ballarat.

Truckers: Zoe and Ben Koulloutas at Ballarat Food Truck Carnival on Friday evening. The carnival saw over 4000 people through the gates on its first night on Thursday. Picture: Lachlan Bence.

Truckers: Zoe and Ben Koulloutas at Ballarat Food Truck Carnival on Friday evening. The carnival saw over 4000 people through the gates on its first night on Thursday. Picture: Lachlan Bence.