While it is true that many guys remain casual and un-fussed about their appearance on a day-to-day basis, the run up to their wedding can nurture a sudden desire to look good. Contrary to popular misconception, there's nothing un-masculine about taking care of your looks.
Here's some basic advice to ensure you are looking your best when you tie the knot.
- Always wash your skin after workouts and before going to bed. Consider this to be your last daily exercise. If bacteria is allowed to do its dirty work on your face overnight, you will look much the worse in the day time.
- If you can quit smoking, it is a sure-fire way to restore a healthy glow to your face, though your stress levels are another thing altogether.
- A clean shave is the part of the look that brings it all together. Applying a sharp metal blade to your face cuts hairs but also removes microscopic layers of skin and can cause redness and irritation. There’s no need to abuse your face to get a close shave.
- If you sport facial hair, have it professionally trimmed by a barber the day before the wedding or on your wedding day so that all those stray hairs are tidied up into a look of distinguished panache.
- With the advice of a hairdresser, get a hairstyle that suits you and have it cut the week before.
- If you need to slim down, exercise regularly and include plenty of fruits, vegetables, sprouts and yogurt in your diet.
- Cut back on fatty, processed foods.
- Make sure you're getting the right amount of vitamins and eat well.