A Ballarat man who is accused of fleeing a fatal crash in Brighton East is facing a string of charges.
Santino Bankal, 28, appeared in Melbourne Magistrates Court today in relation to a crash on the Nepean Highway on Friday, July 7.
A 21-year-old male motorcyclist, from Highett, died during the crash.
Police allege the motorcyclist collided with the rear of Bankal’s car.
Bankal faces five charges:
- Failing to stop after an accident where someone was killed
- Failing to render assistance
- Failing to report the accident to police
- Driving while disqualified
- Driving an unregistered car
He had his bail extended and is due to return to court on October 4.