UNIONS responding to the state government's cuts to TAFE funding will hold a rally in Ballarat on Thursday to further outline their campaign.
This comes after a proposed list of cuts to Ballarat TAFE courses was sent to University of Ballarat staff for consideration last Friday.
The university, which operates dozens of TAFE courses in Ballarat and western Victoria, last week announced up to 60 programs would no longer be offered due to the state government slashing funding in its budget.
In an email sent to staff, University of Ballarat vice-chancellor David Battersby said the cuts were necessary due to the net funding cut of up to $20 million.
The draft shows that, should the proposal go ahead, entire courses, including those in horticulture, finance, live production and racing will be closed down.
Business administration will lose all but one course and others such as hospitality will be severely affected.
The university says the list of cuts is not final.
This week's rally is one of 10 being held throughout Victoria, organised by the National Tertiary Education Union and the Australian Education Union.
According to the NETU, the University of Ballarat has suffered a 40 per cent budget cut to its TAFE operations.
NETU Victorian Secretary Colin Long said the cuts were unacceptable.
"The devastation being caused by these cuts is becoming clearer with the passing of each day," Dr Long said.
"Hardly a day has gone by over the last week without at least one TAFE announcing job losses, course closures and cut backs to services."
The Ballarat rally will be held on Thursday at the University of Ballarat's SMB campus from 12.30pm.