APS5/6 Management Accountant
Your new company
Work for an organization that’s main priority is the security and stability of Australian’s and value service, courage, respect, integrity and excellence.
Your new role
In this role, you will be developing financial appraisals and business cases for proposed modelling for the financial impact to the Government. Key responsibilities include:
- Identify costing parameters and underpinning assumptions to support the financial budget models.
- Work with clinical experts and staff from across the project areas, to develop assumptions around shifts in clinical claiming patterns and underlying service volumes etc.
- Develop Excel dashboards and run sensitivity analysis to propose and support pricing of medical procedures with visibility of financial and non-financial impacts.
- Manage complex datasets and generate meaningful insights and patterns.
- Liaise with internal and external economic, budget and finance teams to address queries around assumptions etc., and support approvals of business cases.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed you will be a highly motivated, flexible and resilient team player who will have the following capabilities:
- Strong strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to apply these when developing discussion papers or considering policy issues.
- Demonstrated planning and organisational skills, including ability to meet deadlines with competing priorities and delivering work to a high standard with good attention to detail.
- Demonstrated high standard of written and verbal communication skills, including strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Proven ability to deliver robust financial assessments and undertake complex financial appraisals to inform Government decisions.
What you'll get in return
- Attractive long term competitive hourly rate contract.
- Free parking
- Long term contracts
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Geoff at (02) 61127659 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this job isn't quite right for you though you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion and visit our website www.hays.com.au to review our current list of available positions.
LHS 297508 #2588940