Your new company
Located in Sydney’s CBD, this local government council is seeking an Asset Engineer to join their Roads and Structural Assets team for 12-months.
Your new role
- Assist the Principal Engineer in the development of future works programs and implementation of the City’s asset management strategies to ensure that the City’s civil assets perform to optimum service.
- Assist the Principal Engineer in ensuring that civil infrastructure constructed by developers and others meet the City’s standards.
- Undertake technical, risk management and condition investigations of civil assets to ensure conformance with appropriate asset management plans, policies and procedures.
- Assist the Principal Engineer in ensuring that the City’s Corporate Asset Management System (CAMS), asset inventories, associated data, reports and recommendations are based on sound engineering practices and procedures.
- Prepare feasibility assessments, concept designs, budgeting and prioritization for assets within the team’s responsibility.
- Assist with procurement related activities and managing contracts
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Experience in structural design in Australia using various materials that include concrete and steel related to bridges, foreshore structures, steps and retaining walls.
- Experience in road pavement analysis and design, visual assessment of civil assets (e.g. roads, footpaths, kerb & gutter, bridges, foreshore structures, steps and retaining walls), recognition of defects and their rectification requirements.
- Experience in inspection, prioritization and developing maintenance and renewal programs for bridges, retaining walls, maritime assets and footway assets.
- Experience in the preparation of briefs for the engagement of consultants and the management of contracts.
What you'll get in return
- 12-month contract
- Competitive hourly rate
- Supportive managerial structure
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2517399