Your new company
This reputable NSW government department is seeking Call Centre Officers to come on board for a 10 month assignment in their Parramatta office / half Work From Home
Your new role
In your new role as Call Centre Officer, your function will be to assist customers and investigate transaction anomalies:
- Manage escalated telephone calls/e-mails from 1st line contact centre staff, including direct interaction with customers via e-mail or telephone.
- Ensure accuracy of customer accounts by researching, identifying and correcting anomalies, including the processing of chargebacks per accounting and financial policies and standards and reconciling to computer-generated balances.
- Receive and process concession applications in line with business rules and policies.
- Build on customer relationships by researching and investigating past trends and practices and applying sound judgement to resolve issues and recover unpaid monies.
- Resolve complex customer account disputes or concession applications by undertaking investigations, identifying problems, gathering evidence and using business rules and procedures to formulate an appropriate solution in a professional and timely manner.
- Minimise the risk of customer debt by proactively monitoring accounts, including the analysis of standard reports, identifying anomalies, reconciliation of accounts and initiating outbound customer contact to resolve credit-related issues.
- Undertake accurate verification of license plate numbers captured on images, to support the efficient recovery of tolls.
- Undertake customer service and transaction processing functions that may be required to be performed from time to time ensuring to apply defined procedures and business rules and to maintain confidentiality in an information sensitive environment.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed in this role you must:
- Notable experience within a busy, high-volume call or contact centre
- Have strong attention to detail and take pride in your work, as well as having strong respect for confidentiality and privacy requirements
- Be highly empathetic and resilient, with advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Be tech-savvy and confident navigating between multiple systems at a time, as well as competency with the Microsoft Office suite (Knowledge of Salesforce is advantageous)
- Be proactive and positive, with a strong ability to troubleshoot issues independently
- Suitable WFH environment - wifi, private room, desk, chair (equipment will be provided)
What you'll get in return
You will be working for a NSW government organisation. This role is looking to start ASAP, with the assignment anticipated for 10 months, with potential for extension. On offer to you is a pay rate of $280 per day + super. In return you will receive 7 hours per day / 35 hours per week during normal business hours Monday – Friday. Roles are based in a HYBRID working environment – 2/3 days a week from the office and 2/3 days a week from home, depending on business needs. You will be required to have a suitable WFH environment to proceed – desk, chair, wifi, privacy for calls.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
LHS 297508 #2653467