Your new company
This opportunity is available to join a reputable State Government Department on a full time temporary contract until June, with strong potential for extension. Our client is looking for experienced Customer Service Officers to come in and hit the ground running assisting with customer enquiries.
Your new role
Within your new role as Customer Service Officer your role will involve assisting customers as their first point of contact, as well as processing transactions. Duties will include:
- Provide consistently high-quality customer service by interpreting and resolving first-contact enquiries from internal customers and external vendor, public, and industry enquiries in a fast-paced shared services environment.
- Communicate with customers in a courteous and empathic way, demonstrating a willingness to assist and a commitment to providing high-quality service.
- Process a range of transactions across the service line accurately and efficiently, referencing shared service knowledge articles to ensure the transaction is consistently executed accordingly to requirements.
- Escalate more complex enquiries and transactions to ensure the timely and effective resolution of issues, providing feedback to the customer to ensure they are aware of the progress of their enquiry and/or transaction and work across more than one service line where required in order to meeting operational needs.
- Achieve the required shared services performance levels in terms of customer satisfaction, efficiency and effectiveness of services provided.
- Effectively use a range of computerised systems, technology and telephony solutions to undertake work tasks, triage, refer or escalate work tasks, enter data and maintain up to date records in order to facilitate work allocation, performance analysis and service improvement.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful for this position you should have:
- Previous experience working within a contact centre
- Be willing to commute to the Burwood office 5 days per week
- Be able to commence on short notice and commit to this assignment until June, with potential for extension
- Strong written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- You must be a confident multi-tasker and have a committed approach to customer satisfaction
Please note this contract is currently looking to start ASAP so you must be available at short notice and able to provide two recent references.
What you'll get in return
On offer to you is a pay-rate of $30 - 39.15 per hour + super, depending on experience. In return you will receive excellent working hours Monday to Friday working 7 hours per day / 35 hours per week during normal business hours. You will be joining a vibrant, supportive and friendly team environment on a temporary contract currently estimated until June, with potential for extension.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
LHS 297508 #2646880