About the role
Allygroup is seeking highly motivated and experienced Freedom of Information Officers for an initial 6 month contract with the possibility of extension with our high profile Federal Government client. Our client is willing to accommodate flexible working arrangements for the right candidate.
Our ideal candidate:
- a minimum 6 to 12 months relevant experience in an FOI / Privacy role;
- the ability to communicate confidently in a clear and concise manner in both written and verbal contexts;
- the ability to apply established criteria to the management of information;
- the ability to exercise sound judgement and analytical skills to make detailed and accurate decisions within defined parameters; and
- the ability to manage time effectively and the proven ability to work to tight deadlines.
- supporting the Freedom of Information (FOI) and Privacy function of the agency by receiving, assessing, and processing requests in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1982, the Privacy Act 1988 (in particular IPP 12), and the Archives Act 1983 within specific statutory timeframes, particularly;
- identifying and extracting relevant reports and information from various databases;
- applying relevant legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures relating to the release of information held by this Government agency;
- preparing and submitting correspondence relating to the release of information held by this Government agency to senior staff for review and approval;
- undertaking internal reviews and preparing responses.
- providing advice to stakeholders on routine and non-routine matters and escalate to the appropriate business area and/or senior staff as necessary;
- the accurate and timely entry of data and relevant record-keeping; and
- providing information and administrative support to the agency’s case assessment team.
Candidates who hold a Australian Government security clearance will be well regarded.
Applying for this role
To submit your application, press ‘Apply Now’. Alternatively, please feel free to call us on (02) 5104 3170 for a confidential discussion or email your resume through to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Allygroup is a law firm which specialises in legal management consultancy, legal project management and legal recruitment.
Allygroup is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and endeavour to put forward the best candidates regardless of their cultural, gender or religious identity.