AMR Hair & Beauty is Australia’s market leader in supplying to the professional hairdressing and beauty industry. Active professionals Australia-wide trust us as their leading resource for emerging brands, equipments, cosmetics, furniture and beauty inspiration. Youth, vision, passion and persistence have all played their vital role in the growth and development of the business.
The graphic designer’s role within the company involves working in a team environment and reporting to the creative director to ensure all artworks are produced in an innovative and contemporary result from conceptual to finished product.
Salary: $55k - $65k
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Liaising with internal/external stakeholders to produce a high level of artwork deliverables using Adobe Creative Cloud apps.
• Interpret briefs quickly and undertake necessary industry research while documenting any references and if needed, create a visually pleasing moodboard to execute project objectives.
• Ensure project objectives are met on a timely manner and within budget if applicable.
• Successfully carry projects from conceptualisation and develop them into finished artwork.
• Create mock-ups and conduct testing of prototypes or artwork file.
• Revising artwork through management feedbacks.
• Appropriately archive information and artwork in proper standard company procedure.
• Draw logos, rework them into final output so they are print and web ready on different medias.
• Deep etching product photos for ecommerce store and application on marketing assets.
• Layout and design artwork pages for catalogue design.
• Designing and developing artwork for product packaging, POS, social media, digital advertisement assets, print publications and branding identity.
• Complete weekly EDM (Electronic Direct Marketing) campaign designs at a fast turnaround time.
• General creative assistance to any staff who needs artwork requests.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Cert IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma in Visual Communications.
• 3 years minimum industry experience.
• Wizardry skills in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
• Demonstrated ability to convert pixel-based artwork to vector.
• Excellent knowledge of design trends and colour theory.
• Up to date with the best design practises for desktop and mobile application including responsive design and social media assets.
• Great communication abilities, attention to details and good problem solving skills to create strong brand identity.
• A positive attitude with creativity and artistic flair is key.
• The ability to work under pressure, prioritise projects and meet tight deadlines.
• Basic video producing, editing and motion graphic skills.
• Ability to work on Mac OS X platform.
• Ecommerce experience is favourable.
• Able to express and communicate ideas visually that is relevant.
• A designer should always be inspired and fascinated with everything.
How To Apply:
How To Apply:What we would love to see in a designer is a team spirit attitude and someone who is both a maker and a thinker. A designer should always be inspired and fascinated with everything. If you find yourself reading all the way to this part and think you are what we’re looking for we’d love to hear from you.
Please send applications in PDF format with a reason why you’d be a good fit with AMR. If you have any online or social media presence please link that to us. Only successful candidates will be contacted and will need to produce a design portfolio of their best work!