Applications are invited for the position of Electorate Officer Electorate Officer A in the Dawson Electorate Office based in Mackay. This position is full time.
The Federal Member for Dawson, Andrew Willcox MP is looking for a highly motivated person with excellent writing and communication skills.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Management of constituent enquiries; including written correspondence, telephone enquiries and mail outs
- Liaising with relevant Government Departments and Ministerial Offices on behalf of constituents
- Working with colleagues to maximise opportunities for electorate engagement
- Coordinating constituent and electorate parliamentary events
- Liaison with community groups and monitoring engagement opportunities
- Data Entry and Database management
- Other duties as directed by the member Travel within the electorate to relevant events
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, with a close attention to detail and emphasis on effective time management.
- Excellent understanding and interest in Australia’s system of government, parliamentary and political processes
- Well-developed Microsoft Office IT Skills
- Capacity to work both independently and co-operatively as part of a team.
- An enthusiastic, positive, flexible, and people-oriented approach to work.
- Experience in a similar administrative role or previous work in a political office will be highly valued.
- Well-developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
The position is offered under the Members of Parliament (Staff) Act 1984 and conditions are outlined in the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2020-2023 which are:
- a commencing salary between $65,785 - $69,646 (Level EOA),
- an optional allowance may be considered in recognition of, and as compensation for, reasonable additional hours of work, and
- an employer contribution of 15.4% superannuation will be payable.
A probationary period of three (3) months will apply.
Applications setting out details of experience and the names of two referees should be forwarded to Andrew.email@example.com by Wednesday 13 July 2022.