Applications are invited for the position of Media & Communications Advisor Electorate Officer B in the Dawson Electorate Office in Mackay. This position is full time.
The Federal Member for Dawson, Andrew Willcox MP is looking for a highly motivated professional with experience in journalism, media, public relations, or marketing to join his electorate office team.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare and manage communications plan within the Dawson office budget
- Design regular mailers to constituents
- Drive electoral media agenda
- Manage programs of fighting for/wish list and electorate achievements
- Planning, preparation, and coordination of Ministerial visits
- Daily media monitoring
- Drafting media releases
- Producing electorate collateral such as regular newsletters and e-newsletters
- Management of social media and members website along with expanding social media presence
- Speech writing for community events and parliamentary debates including policy research and advice
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Media, communications, public relations and or journalism experience, preferably within an electorate office will be highly valued.
- Excellent understanding and interest in Australia’s system of government, parliamentary and political processes.
- Well-developed understanding of relevant IT systems and social media platforms
- Attention to detail.
- Well-developed organisational ability and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Preparedness to work overtime and on weekends.
- Extensive travel, including driving, will be required.
- An enthusiastic, positive, flexible, and people-orientated approach to work.
- Well-developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Local issues campaign strategies
- Responsible for the efficient and effective coordination of media enquiries and projects on a daily basis
- Cultivating and maintaining relations with media organisations.
The position is offered under the Members of Parliament (Staff) Act 1984 and conditions are outlined in the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2020-2023 which are:
- a commencing salary between of $67,880 - $79,251 (Level EOB)
- an optional allowance may be considered in recognition of, and as compensation for, reasonable additional hours of work, and
- an employer contribution of 15.4% superannuation will be payable.
A probationary period of three (3) months will apply.
Applications setting out details of experience and the names of two referees should be forwarded to Andrew.email@example.com By COB Wednesday 13 July 2022.