Pumpability specialises in heavy-duty equipment for industrial, food, municipal, mining and construction applications in water, sewage, drainage, sludge and pastes. The company can assist in all or any phase from system design to supply. Pumpability operates throughout Australia and has completed projects overseas in Africa, the Pacific and S.E. Asia.
The main objective of this role is to install, inspect, troubleshoot, service and maintain equipment supplied by Pumpability and others to ensure it is in good working condition. To carry out hands-on maintenance, repair work and minor fabrication and manage defined suppliers of products, spare parts and services to Pumpability. Identify opportunities in target markets for supply, servicing and maintaining equipment and therefore value adding to the sales process. The role will require creation of spare parts lists for customers, tailored maintenance and service strategies, mapping markets and organisations for opportunities and quoting and tender responses.
- Managing and performing all on site and in-house installation, repair, maintenance, troubleshooting and test tasks of pumps and processing equipment.
- Providing service and customer support during field visits or dispatches.
- Fabrication of small designs (pump bases, steps, ductwork, pipework etc.) to assist with the continued operation of the clients’ facilities.
- Diagnosing errors or technical problems and determining proper solutions.
- Increase the Company’s involvement with existing customers in a profitable and responsible manner. · Provide regular updates, reviews and reporting to the Director.
- Accurate and timely recording, input and management of all service and maintenance information within the Company’s information management systems.
- Develop strong working relationships with both clients and suppliers of the Company.
- Proactively plan, track and undertake new equipment ordering and spare parts tracking at the Pumpability premises.
- Liaise and meet with new and existing clients, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Provide input into improving service and maintenance business operation processes, and procedures.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Trade qualifications as a Mechanical Fitter or similar Tradesman.
- Knowledge and experience with pressure systems, dry mounted, submersible and fixed and mobile vacuum pumps, fire pumps would be highly advantageous.
- Class C NSW/ QLD or equivalent Drivers Licence.
- 10+ years' experience as a Mechanical Fitter, Pump Service Technician or Tradesman with pumps or rotating equipment experience.
- Experience with a wide range of pumps, electric motors and diesel engines would also be advantageous.
- Proven service and maintenance track record through the achievement of targets in consecutive calendar years.
- Demonstrable structured approach to service and maintenance development.
- Strong client relationship management experience required.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Teams, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint etc.).
- Unwavering commitment to providing exceptional client service.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work co-operatively and effectively as an individual and as a team member within the organisation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, solve problems, manage and meet deadlines and maintain a high quality of work.
- Highly motivated, target driven and passionate.
In return we offer a competitive salary package (depending on experience) with performance-based benefits and incentives. Training and development along with the opportunity to progress within the company is also available. We have a well-equipped office and a positive work environment. If you are motivated with a desire to provide exceptional client service every time, then we want you on our team. Please submit your application including cover letter and resume or email to firstname.lastname@example.org