We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team as QA/QC Coordinator on Full time bases. Part-time opportunity can be discussed.
Our office/Workshop is located in Wangara WA.
About the Role
Overall, you will plan, designs, organise and oversees the processes of fabrication, assembly, erection, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of mechanical and process plant installations from quality perspective. You will be responsible for the overseeing of all our fabrication projects to meet the applicable standards compliance’s requirements. You will need to work closely with the delivery teams to ensure meeting all the safety and quality requirements and the facilitation of risk mitigation. You will manage NCR’s, develop, and implement quality control procedures, quality management plans and work method of statements. This role requires you to work closely with the project stakeholders to build a strong quality and safety culture. Dealings with various vendors, suppliers, and fabricators to cover aspects of quality assurance and factory testing requirements.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering
- Strong Knowledge of quality systems, processes, audits and general requirements of the fabrication and erection discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in studying Project contract and project specification thoroughly for developing Inspection test plan, quality management plan and quality control procedures as per the project specification and applicable Australian standards.
- Demonstrated experience in inspection of incoming materials, structural fabrication, assembly, testing and erection as per applicable engineering standards.
- Strong Knowledge in preparation of welding procedure specifications and procedure qualification records.
- Studying functional statements, organizational charts, and project information to determine functions and responsibilities of workers and work units and to identify areas of duplication.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, scheduling, and controlling project inspection activities in different stages of the project.
- Establishing standards and policies for installation, modification, quality control, testing, inspection, and maintenance according to engineering principles and safety regulations.
- Experience in collating Manufacturer Data Reports.
- Familiar with Australian standards AS 4100, AS/NZS 5131, AS/NZS 1554.1
- National or International certification as Welding and Coating Inspector is preferred.
- Able to read and understand contract documents, specifications, structural designs, fabrication drawings, welding symbols …etc.
- Excellent skills in forward-planning and tasks/activities programming.
- Strong Computer knowledge, especially in Microsoft Windows and Office applications, AutoCAD, PDF editors, … etc.
- Excellent leadership and team playing qualities.
Salary Range $60,890.00 – $85,000.00 per year depending on employment type, skills and experience
If you feel you are up to the challenge, please send your resume via the apply link