We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Power BI Developer / Data Engineer to join the Visualisation & Business Intelligence team to design & develop efficient and business friendly data models in Power BI aimed at delivering insightful data exploration and analytics.
This role is positioned within Data Access team, responsible for making the investment data available to downstream consumers through a host of products / capabilities essentially via Cloud PowerBI dashboards.
• Develop Power BI data models datasets & reports.
• Build quality data sets and data models in Power BI aligned with best practice and industry standard for optimal model and report performance.
• Design, develop and implement interactive data visualisations featured on user-friendly reports and dashboards in Power BI.
• Work with complex data models and large volumes of data.
• Ensuring large and/or complex data is accessible, understandable, and usable, and conveying key messages, through appropriate data visualisation techniques and methods.
• Develop and manage the data analytics self-service capability and standards in collaboration with wider community of practice.
• Assist with developing and maintaining best practices.
• Establishing data modelling and quality standards across the business, enhancing organisational capabilities in data visualisation and associated techniques.
As the successful candidate, you will be creative and have strong understanding of data modelling and data quality principles. You will be proficient in developing business friendly data models in Power Bi and Tabular Analysis Services. Experience across data architecture and data warehousing techniques and practices is essential.
• Extensive experience in designing and developing data models including auto-build and deployment using CI/CD tools.
• 3+ years of experience working in Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (SSIS, SSRS and SSAS)
• Good understanding and demonstrated experience working with Power Query (M query language) and DAX.
• Hands on experience writing complex SQL queries
• Management of Power BI datasets, workspaces and the associated security requirements.
• Familiarity with Power BI Premium capabilities, Power BI Rest APIs, Python and Databricks will be highly regarded.
• Excellent business acumen with the ability to work with stakeholders at all levels and experience working in an agile environment.
• Extensive experience designing and developing reports and performance metrics from complex and disparate platforms
• Tertiary qualification in Information Technology, Finance or related business area.
• Whilst not essential, knowledge and experience of the Finance / Investment industry will be highly regarded.
Nice to have
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others
• Encourages collaboration, shares knowledge and builds meaningful relationships across a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
• Is comfortable with complexity and ambiguity, able to navigate and remain effective in a busy and evolving environment without constant supervision or direction
• Has a naturally engaging and consultative approach remaining sharply focused on delivering outcomes
Has a personal interest in technology and seeks to understand technology trends, particularly in data management and DevOps
• Demonstrates a strong commitment to continuous improvement
• Demonstrates the preparedness and ability to work with highly capable technology and business experts to identify, understand and analyse critical business requirements and issues
English: C2 Proficient