We are an Australian owned company based in Sydney that specializes in the design and manufacturing of packaging machines. We are an OEM that provides customers with packaging machinery catered to their specific application requirements at competitive prices. Our contribution helps customers immediately improve their production capacity and efficiency, allowing for a better allocation of their time and resources to other areas.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated Technical Engineer to join our company based in Carlton, NSW. Successful applicant will be provided technical training on all our products.
Location: Carlton, NSW, 2218
Salary range: $60,000 - $70,000 per annum
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with the engineering team to achieve design requirements and prepare CAD drawings, layouts, and plans for new and retrofit projects.
- Review plans to ensure adherence to design specifications and compliance with applicable codes and standards.
- Construct newly designed prototypes before manufacturing to identify design issues and improve efficiency.
- Assess the limitations of existing machinery and technologies used for design and manufacturing of packaging machines.
- Conduct test runs, monitor, and make evaluation and prepare technical reports on new and existing machines for further manufacturing improvementsto optimise reliability and increase efficiency.
- Installation and commissioning of newly designed and retrofitted machines.
- Provide training to customers on optimal way to usemachinery.
- Perform maintenance support, retrofit, diagnose, and resolve mechanical issues of machines onsite.
- Conduct routine inspections and execute preventative maintenance to improve machine’s reliability and efficiency.
- Make reports on customer feedback and recommendations to improve design and efficiency of future machines.
- Advise management on purchase of new technologies/machinery equipment.
- Liaise with external engineers and work as per guidelines.
- Maintain engineering records to keep the equipment in good operating conditions.
- Participate in scheduling and estimations of resources for engineering projects.
- Comply with regulatory requirements as per OH&S standards.
- Keep apprised of the latest engineering developments and innovations in the industry.
Requirements, Skills, and Qualifications: ·
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 3 yearsof experience working in a similar position.
- Proficient with Computer Aided Design (CAD)software especially SolidWorks and AutoCAD ·
- Knowledge in programmable logic circuits.
- Experience in machine tools and power tools.
- Exceptional knowledge of engineering principles.
- Have practical and problem-solving experience in mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic works.
- Have a strong commitment to safety, motivation for improvement,and ability to work well under pressure.
- Have good communication and well-rounded interpersonal skills.
Australian citizens and permanent residents are preferred.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply via the facilities provided on the website. Due to a high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.