QUICK thinking workers have extinguished a fire in their Bakery Hill restaurant on Monday afternoon.
Both the chef and manager of the Crazy Asian helped extinguish a pot of oil which was on fire in the kitchen about 1.46pm.
Chef and owner Leo Yang said he had forgotten to turn off the flame on the stove when he left the room.
Manager Mason Rezaei said he noticed smoke coming into the restaurant from the kitchen during lunch service.
A few diners who were in the restaurant at the time were evacuated.
The pair put out the flame with an extinguisher and fire blanket before authorities arrived.
There were no injuries or significant damage to the kitchen.
Ballarat Fire Brigade lieutenant Damien Scott said five trucks, with 20 firefighters, attended the scene.
"We made sure there was no extension of the fire in the range hood," he said.
"We are waiting on the council health inspector to give them the all clear to open (for dinner service) tonight."
Mr Scott said the incident served as a reminder for people not to leave their cooking unattended.
The hospitality workers thanked the firefighters for attending the incident.