Following last week’s accidental release of a massive plume of possibly dangerous flame retardant, Mayor Des Hudson has called on Powercor to maintain its dialogue with affected neighbours.
“The story that I’m hearing from residents … (is) they felt they weren’t informed,” he said.
“That’s why I’m encouraging all parties to engage.”
Powercor met with neighbours of the massive Buninyong – Mt Mercer Road battery and inverter facility four days after their properties were hit by a fire suppressant powder in an accident.
Cr Hudson said councillors had been briefed on the incident on Wednesday night’s closed-doors assembly and confirmed City of Ballarat environment officers had been on hand to help out on Friday afternoon.
Val Brown, who lives next door to the $8 million battery, told The Courier they had been shocked by Powercor’s inability to tell them what had come onto to their land.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.