Friends and family are mourning the sudden death of Ballarat Football Netball League hall of fame member Malcolm Scott.
Bacchus Marsh club president Adam Sutherland confirmed Scott's passing to The Courier on Saturday evening.
Sutherland also posted on the Cobras' Facebook page, informing their members of his death.
"Malcolm you have gone too soon but will live on in the hearts and memory of the Cobra family," part of the post read.
The former St Kilda and Sydney player was a well known figure in the region's football circles for his decorated career in the BFNL.
He was also a long time member of the police force.
His football achievements included:
- North Ballarat FC junior player, played over 100 junior games with premierships in all grades
- North Ballarat FC senior player, played over 100 senior games
- North Ballarat FC premiership player (1978,79,82)
- Sebastopol FC senior player, played over 50 games
- Sebastopol FC coach (1983-85, 1999-2001), runners-up (1985 & 2000)
- Sebastopol FC life member (2002)
- Bacchus Marsh FC senior player, played over 100 games
- Bacchus Marsh FC Team of the Era member (2016)
- Bacchus Marsh FC leading goal-kicker five times
- Coached junior football teams at Bacchus Marsh and Sebastopol
- Coached senior football teams at Ballan and Learmonth
- Premiership player with the Avoca FC (1996). Also won league goal-kicking award
- Tony Lockett Medalist for most goals kicked in a BFL season (1987, 1990)
- Played 20 matches with the Ballarat FL senior interleague side. Member of the division 1 championship teams (1981-83)
- Represented the VCFL at the state championships (1984)
- Ballarat FL interleague coach of VCFL Country Championship Division 2 winning side (2001)
- Picked in the best team ever for the Sebastopol FC, Bacchus Marsh FC and North Ballarat FC
For help, information and support call LIFELINE on 13 11 14 or BEYONDBLUE on 1300 224 636