A Ballarat man who had not held a driver’s licence for six years was caught driving unlicenced twice, a court has been told.
William Delmo was driving in Humffray Street just before midday on April 13, 2017, when police detected him driving unlicenced.
Checks revealed his licence was cancelled and disqualified in September 2011 for drink-driving, the Ballarat Magistrates Court was told.
Eight months later on December 15, Delmo was driving along Leith Street in Sebastopol when police intercepted him.
He was driving the same vehicle as the first incident.
The court was told on November 18, 2017, police were called to a Golden Point address following reports of an intervention order breach.
On arrival, police found the accused abusive towards a woman who had an intervention order against him.
Delmo had been to the Lakside Twilights concert and when he arrived home there was no food available in the house.
The court was told the victim did not know what do to when Delmo “gets like this” and she was afraid.
Delmo told police he was foolish to argue about the lack of food in the house.
His lawyer told the court in relation to his licence, he had received an infringement notice in 2011 for 11 months.
She said he was well within range of receiving a fine.
Magistrate Gregory Robinson warned Delmo not to reoffend.
“If you come back to court again it won’t be a fine, it will be something else,” Mr Robinson said.
Delmo was fined $2500 and ordered to pay $122.30 in court costs.
He pleaded guilty to a number of charges stemming from the incidents in 2017.