A prominent building in the city’s heritage precinct could get a modern, glassy entryway after a planning application was lodged with the City of Ballarat.
The Child and Family Services’ Ballarat Ludbrook House office on Lydiard Street North is set to get a facelift with a new signage and glass structure, with the ground floor taking on a new functions.
A section of the existing building, facade and roof structure would be demolished for the new work, which is designed by Morton Dunn Architects.
According to the plans, the foster care areas and intake centre on the ground floor would be relocated, to make space for offices and meeting rooms.
The Lydiard Street building, which acts as CAFS’ head office, was constructed in 1913. It was originally owned by Ballarat hotelier William Irwin, who built neighbouring Provincial Hotel.
CAFS Ballarat declined to comment on the proposal.