A 24-year-old man caught driving while suspended three times earlier this year has been warned not to do it again or he will be jailed.
Dominic Whittle-Stapleton pleaded guilty at the Ballarat Magistrates Court on Thursday to three charges of driving while disqualified.
The court was told Whittle-Stapleton’s drivers licence had been suspended on January 8 for six months after he received a speeding fine.
But police caught him behind the wheel on January 12 in Rubicon Street, Delacombe, on January 21 in Howard Street, Sebastopol and on March 31 in Victoria Street, Sebastopol.
The court was told Whittle-Stapleton first drove while suspended because he was unaware a letter from VicRoads was went to his mother’s address.
The second offence occurred while he was living in his car and the third offence occurred when he decided to drive to the shops instead of walking.
The court was told Whittle-Stapleton was now living with his partner and they were expecting a baby in April.
Magistrate Brian Clifford said the only factor working in Whittle-Stapleton’s favour was he pleaded guilty at the earliest opportunity.
“I am being lenient today but if you come back before the court again there is a significant possibility you will be going to jail,” Mr Clifford said.
Whittle-Stapleton was convicted and fined $1500 with $124 in court costs. His licence was suspended for three months from Thursday.