One of four people charged over a home invasion in Delacombe earlier this year remains behind bars.
Danielle Tracy Sultana, 23, is accused of entering the house carrying a knife and threatening to kill the occupant.
Three females, including Sultana, and one male were allegedly carrying weapons during the February 12 incident.
Police allege Sultana, who was on a methadone program at the time, stole two electric guitars, a coin collection, methadone, ladies purse containing cash and a stamp collection.
She unsuccessfully applied for bail on Friday at the Ballarat Magistrates Court, where a magistrates described her alleged offending as “very aggravated”.
Police opposed Sultana’s application for bail, saying she was an unacceptable risk and no bail conditions could alleviate the risks.
Defence barrister James Portelli said there would be a delay in his client’s case being heard, she was young, had a traumatic background and was eligible for the Court Integrated Services Program.
He tendered a letter of gratitude to the court, which showed Sultana had developed an understanding of her current situation.
But Crown prosecutor Wendy Duncan said the combination of Sultana’s reasons for bail had not shown exceptional circumstances.
She said the strength of the evidence was strong and a home invasion, where all four people were armed, was serious.
Magistrate Mark Stratmann said exceptional circumstances had not been shown and Sultana’s bail application was refused.
She faces seven charges, including aggravated burglary with a knife, making a threat to kill, theft and property damage. Sultana will return to court in December.