A man has been taken to hospital with extensive burns after a kitchen fire inside a Black Hill house this morning.
Emergency Services were called just before 11am to the fire on Clissold Street.
Four appliances and and ten firefighters extinguished the blaze in ten minutes. It appears as though the man was frying chips in oil before the incident.
The fire hasn’t affected the exterior of the house.
Firefighters have said this incident should act as a timely reminder not to leave your cooking unattended.
More to come.