The Meredith Music Festival will go ahead as planned despite the Buninyong fire that is still moving in a southerly direction.
Up to 15,000 people are expected to attend the festival, starting Friday, that will run over the duration of the weekend.
CFA District 15 operations officer and deputy incident controller Brett Boatman said there had been queries raised about the festival, but he ensured punters it was no in danger of the fire.
The festival site is about 25 kilometres from the fire.
“There's a lot of interest around the Meredith Music Festival,” Mr Boatman told the Buninyong community meeting on Friday morning.
“We have been working closely with our colleagues in the south-west last night and this morning about the messaging around Meredith and the festival is going ahead.
“We ran six different predictive models over this last night and looked at it from every angle in terms of if this fire gets out today, what we threat would it have on Meredith.
“The reality is it wouldn't get anywhere near Meredith so we're confident we'll hold the fire today.”
The temperature is forecast to hit 36 degrees in Ballarat on Friday, with hot northerly winds.