A 23-year-old woman charged over an aggravated home invasion in Ballarat East, where the owner was stabbed and had her arm broken, has been refused bail for a second time.
Teagan Broadway-Marks applied for bail under new facts and circumstances at the Ballarat Magistrates Court on Wednesday.
She argued she should be bailed because she had been accepted into a six-week Salvation Army drug rehabilitation program in Bendigo.
But magistrate Gregory Robinson refused bail, saying the alleged offending was very serious and he did not consider Broadway-Marks' support as exceptional.
"The risk is unacceptable the accused may interfere with the victim," Mr Robinson said.
The hairdresser was refused bail in December and has been in custody since September 27.
Police allege Broadway-Marks and co-accused Nikkita Thomas, 26, kicked down the victim's front door and entered the Rogers Court house while the victim slept at 5am on September 23, 2018.
Police informant Detective Senior Constable Scott Howard said the victim, who was known to Thomas, woke to find the women and another co-accused, Patrick Meizys, in her house.
He said the victim grabbed a knife as she walked down the hallway and a struggle happened between her and the accused.
Detective Senior Constable Howard said the victim was struck with a pickaxe in her back three times before she was hit with a hammer, causing a broken arm.
He said it was unknown who used the weapons to injure the owner.
"The victim is obviously petrified of the accused and co-accused. She is also paranoid of being followed by their friends and has obviously had a number of run-ins with friends," Detective Senior Constable Howard said.
The court was told Broadway-Marks, Thomas and Meizys, 24, allegedly attended the same property the day before but was refused entry.
Detective Senior Constable Howard said Thomas went to the property to speak to the victim about her dog and items left at the house.
He said Broadway-Marks had admitted to going to the house.
Police opposed bail because there was an unacceptable risk of Broadway-Marks endangering the public's safety.
Defence barrister Christopher Terry said his client had no relevant prior convictions, had never been in custody before and could start the rehabilitation program next week.
He said Broadway-Marks' role in the offending was questionable and she went to the house not knowing the victim would be assaulted with weapons.
A Ballarat Salvation Army chaplain gave evidence about the drug rehabilitation program, while Broadway-Marks' grandmother said her granddaughter was totally drug-free.
Broadway-Marks faces a number of charges, including aggravated home invasion and assault in company.
She, along with Thomas and Meizys, will face a committal hearing in July.