Heath Pritchard will continue his coaching tenure at Melton South into a third season in the Ballarat Football League.
Pritchard took on the non-playing position midway through last year.
The Panthers won just one game last season and is on the same tally this year with two home and away rounds remaining.
While it has been a tough road for him, Pritchard said he was not one to walk away from a task, no matter how challenging it was.
He said he was well aware what he was getting into when he took on the job.
Pritchard said stability was important in the rebuilding and with the club's backing and support of an understanding family he was prepared to continue the process.
"There's been highs and lows, but we're heading in the right direction.
"It's about getting the right mix (of players) and more depth."
Pritchard said Sebastopol was an example of what could be achieved by getting the right people on board.
Sebastopol finished last with one win in 2017 before winning eight games and missing finals by one game last year.
The Burra will play finals this season for the first time since 2000.
Pritchard said preliminary talks were already under way with prospective recruits.
The Panthers are looking to build around this year's marquee recruit, former Carlton player Paul Bower.
Melton South's hopes of celebrating Pritchard's re-appointment with a win over Bacchus Marsh on Saturday have been boosted with the inclusion of Port Melbourne VFL-listed Dylan Conway and possible selection of Isaac Conway, who is returning after a strained hamstring.
Isaac Conway has also been named in an extended squad for Port Melbourne, but Pritchard is hopeful of having him at Maddingley Park.