Going into this weekends Eureka Rush rally event in Ballarat, Subaru do Motorsport team driver Molly Taylor says she is excited to return to the city for the new challenge.
"I'm excited to head back to Ballarat," she says.
"The location of the stages are completely new so we're excited for the new challenge and to see what it's like."
Taking place at BWEZ and in Beaufort over two days, drivers will get their first opportunities to see the tracks on Friday.
Read the spectators guide below:
Taylor says while not knowing the course going into the event can be daunting, her and co-driver Malcolm Read are always excited at the opportunity to compete on new courses.
"We're doing a test with the rally car on Friday, not on the stage but in an area close to them so that'll really be about getting the car set up and feeling good. From then it'll just be about writing good notes and having sorted a car that'll perform well on Saturday.
"We enjoy the challenge and it's nice to mix it up... we actually say that they're a bit more full on and a bit more work but also more rewarding to do something that you haven't done before."
Taylor told The Courier she believes it's best not to look too far ahead prior to big events like the Eureka Rush, instead focusing only on what's in front of her at the present.
"It's easy to get wrapped up in the event and the hype behind it but in all those situations you've just got to focus on the next job and the next corner in front of you... that needs to be your priority."
Sitting in second on the Australian Driving Championship standings with a handful of events remaining, Taylor knows a strong showing at the weekend will be crucial in closing the gap between herself and leader Harry Bates.
"(This weekend) critical for a championship campaign... we're currently second and every point counts in trying to put some pressure on Harry."
ARC Championship Standings
1. Harry Bates - Toyota Yaris AP4 - 223
2. Molly Taylor - Subaru WRX STi P5 - 162
3. Lewis Bates - Toyota Yaris AP4 - 132
4. Luke Anear - Subaru WRX STi P5 - 113
5. John O'Dowd - Skoda Fabia R5 - 84
6. Tom Wilde - Subaru WRX STi P5P - 52
6. Darren Windus - Hyundai i20 G4 - 52
7. Richie Dalton - Ford Fiesta G4 - 45
8. Mick Patton - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 10 P5 - 43
9. Timothy Auty - Mazda 323 GTR P6P - 40
9. Tom Clarke - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9 P5 - 40
10. Simon Evans - Subaru WRX STi P5 - 36
11. Troy Dowel - Hyundai i20 G4 - 34
12. Peter Dunn - Subaru WRX STi P6 - 30
13. Haowen Chu - Hyundai Lantra P3 - 28
13. Ethan Pickstock - Mitsubishi Mirage P2 - 28
14. Bodie Reading - Subaru WRX STi P6 - 22
15. Kevin Raedel - Ford XR6 P4 - 10
16. Mark Butcher - Subaru WRX STi P5P - 8
Have you signed up to The Courier's variety of news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in Ballarat.