A Ballarat harness racing meeting planned for Tuesday night has been called off owing to a lack of nominations.
Ballarat and District Trotting Club did not attract enough entries for a minimum six races each with at least six acceptors.
BDTC chief executive officer Paul Rowse said it was first time in his two decades at the club that a meeting had been lost owing to a lack of horses.
Rowse said it was disappointing, but out of the club's control.
Ballarat and Melton are the only tracks open in west region under COVID-19 bans, with Melton also having two meetings on Saturday and another on Wednesday.They will be part of an expanded region as of Monday with Terang (racing Sunday) and Stawell (Thursday).