Greater Western Victoria Rebels are to resume their under-18 boys' and girls' pathway programs.
The NAB League Girls will restart its season on Saturday, September 5.
The boys' competition will get underway at the earlier date of Saturday, August 22.
The girls will continue the season they began in March, when three rounds were played.
Rebels had two wins in their only two games, defeating Sandringham Dragons and Western Jets to be sitting second on the ladder.
The 12 Victorian-based sides will each play three more matches - two home and away rounds ahead of a finals weekend involving all clubs.
The 12 boys' clubs will take part in a revamped six-game season, which will include a round of finals.
The competition will feature country and metropolitan conferences.
AFL head of talent pathways Tristan Salter said the NAB Leagues would provide the next generation of AFLW and AFL players the opportunity to play football during what had been the most challenging year for football.
"In line with the variations to all football competitions this year, the focus is to ensure talent in both leagues are provided with the best opportunity to develop as footballers and ultimately reach the elite level," Salter said.
"It may not look like a normal NAB League season, but we are committed to providing the right platform for the players and clubs."
Salter said it would provide all eligible AFL and AFLW draft prospects the opportunity to showcase their skills ahead of a national drafts at the end of the year.
The NAB Leagues will provide an opportunity for players to push for Vic Metro and Vic Country selection, with teams of the year to be selected despite the significantly abbreviated competitions