Victoria has recorded its biggest day of COVID-19 growth since March.
A total of 75 new cases were confirmed on Monday morning, the biggest daily jump since March 31.
It is also the fourth biggest daily jump recorded in Victoria since the start of the virus spread.
There are now 288 active cases in Victoria.
Only one of Monday's tally was from those in hotel quarantine, with the majority coming from the previously identified Melbourne hotspots.
In addition to the quarantine case, 14 were linked to known outbreaks, 37 were detected through routine testing and 23 were under investigation.
Ballarat has not had a case for more than a month, although Monday's location figures have not yet been updated.
"The cases are overwhelmingly located in those hotspot suburbs," heath minister Jenny Mikakos said.
"Obviously we are concerned by the increasing numbers and upward trend.
"We've got many cases across the inner northern suburbs and the western suburbs of Melbourne, but not exclusively and it's important to reiterate to the community that you are not immune from catching coronavirus by virtue of the postcode that you live in."
Victoria's chief health officer Brett Sutton said there would be discussions in coming days about implementing new movement laws.
"It is absolutely concerning," said Dr Sutton.
"But we know what will turn this around. It's people stepping forward for testing and also isolating with symptoms.
"If you've got the symptoms, you shouldn't be going out visiting people or going to work."
IN OTHER NEWS
Dr Sutton said a suburban lockdown was a possibility, but said there were many potential issues that came with such a measure.
He said there were a range of challenges that arose when trying to lock down individual suburbs, including people moving outside suburbs that were locked down
He also said he felt the number would only continue to rise.
"'I think it will get worse before it gets better," Dr Sutton said.
"But it is very hard to make reductions in this space.
"What I would say is that we know what works already. We just need people to do it.'
The Courier has removed the paywall from our stories relating to health warnings and safety of the community in regards to the coronavirus. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.