A third club has withdrawn its teams from the 2020 junior Central Highlands Football League season.
Springbank took to Facebook to announce its decision following a committee meeting on Monday. The club's post said the decision had been difficult but necessary to ensure the health and well-being of players and members.
"At the start of the season it was feasible to train and play, but the increasing levels and harsher unknown circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic has left us with no other option," the statement read.
Springbank is the third club to withdraw from the 2020 junior campaign. Last week Newlyn and Daylesford called time on their season after three players were tested for the virus.
All three tests came back negative.
It prompted the league to hold a meeting with remaining clubs to reevaluate the remainder of the season. A decision is yet to be released.
Prior to Springbank's announcement on Monday, other CHFL clubs expressed a desire to press on the with the 2020 junior season despite the risks presented by COVID-19.
Learmonth president Steve Griffin said if the league deemed it safe to continue the club was happy to push on.
"Obviously everybody understands the circumstances, but the consensus within the club is kids are still going to school and interacting with people so everyone is keen to play on," he said.
Learmonth has played two games so far with social distancing rules in place. Griffin said spectators had been responsible and were abiding by the guidelines.
The sentiment was shared by Carngham-Linton president Greg Spratling, who said the season had 'full buy in' from parents and players.
"The two games we've had against Newlyn and Hepburn, we've had full cooperation and they've been good by staying in cars," he said.
"Unless there is an outbreak, we'll certainly continue on."