ANOTHER four people connected to Don KR Castlemaine have tested positive to COVID-19.
Castlemaine Health on Tuesday confirmed the production facility's coronavirus cluster had increased to 10 people.
The site's first COVID-19 case was confirmed on Thursday. It is unclear whether the new COVID-19 cases are all Don KR workers.
A Don KR spokesperson on Monday said almost all of the 1300 employees at the Castlemaine site had been tested for COVID-19.
IN OTHER NEWS
COVID-19 tests were conducted at the weekend onsite at Don KR in Castlemaine, at Bendigo Health, the Maryborough District Health Service, and elsewhere for staff who work outside these areas.
A Castlemaine Health spokesperson said an Incident Control Centre had been established in Castlemaine.
The hospital is working with the Mount Alexander Shire Council, Castlemaine District Community Health, and various government agencies.
A Castlemaine Health spokesperson said all Don KR staff have been told to isolate until they have their results, which was expected to take two to three days.
Close contacts have also been contacted, tested, and told to remain in isolation. Further tracing contact was still taking place.
All confirmed cases would be retested before they are able to exit isolation.
The Courier has removed the paywall from our stories relating to health warnings and safety of the community in regards to the coronavirus. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.