The City of Ballarat executive team is now barely recognisable from just two months ago, as another resignation was announced on Tuesday.
In a statement issued around lunchtime, CEO Janet Dore confirmed that the director of development and planning Angelique Lush had decided to resign.
The Courier understands Ms Lush will work until the end of this week and is the latest in a series of directors to resign in the past two months.
Last month, Ms Dore announced the executive team at the council would be restructured and directors would be asked to reapply for jobs.
I would like to thank Angelique for the significant contribution she has made in that time, and I wish her well in her future endeavoursCEO Janet Dore
Soon after that announcement, the Director of Business Services Glenn Kallio stepped down. The resignation of the council's director of innovation and organisational change Cameron Cahill was announced a few days later. His role will end this week.
Now Ms Lush had opted not to apply for any of the new roles and would also be leaving on Friday, Ms Dore confirmed in the statement.
"Angelique has been a member of staff at the City of Ballarat for 11 years, the past three as Director Development and Planning," she said.
"I would like to thank Angelique for the significant contribution she has made in that time, and I wish her well in her future endeavours."
The executive changes follow an extensive Ombudsman's report, which outlined a series of so-called "jobs for mates" allegations, as well as concerns over the City of Ballarat's procurement procedures.
Two directors, who were unnamed in the report, were allegedly recruited or promoted due to their connection with former CEO Justine Linley.
Ms Linley was sacked by councillors four days after the report was released, while the former director of infrastructure and environment Terry Demeo stood down on the same day.
Ms Dore was appointed as interim CEO by council last month, with one of her main tasks being to address the criticisms outlined in the Ombudsman's report.
Of the executive team in place at the City of Ballarat at the beginning of May this year, only Neville Ivey, the director of community development, remains.
OMBUDSMAN COVERAGE: TIMELINE
May 14 The report is tabled
- City of Ballarat ombudsman report: 'jobs for mates' allegations regarding Ballarat Council executives
- Ombudsman report into Ballarat council: councillors express disappointment
- Ombudsman report into City of Ballarat: Councillors told to scrutinise CEO behaviour
- City of Ballarat ombudsman report: The intriguing finer details
- Ombudsman's report into Ballarat Council: What next for council officers?
- ANALYSIS: Troubled waters at town hall
May 18, 2020: Resignation and sacking
May 19: Mayor talks about Justine Linley's sacking
May 21: Price fixing links of acting CEO confirmed
May 24: Fresh doubts published over recruitment processes/ Fall out continues over decision to terminate Justine Linley's CEO contract
May 28: Push for new interim CEO
June 10: New CEO announced
June 12: First day of new interim CEO, Janet Dore
June 18: Directors jobs to be re-advertised
June 29: Director of business services resigns
July 7: Director Cameron Cahill resigns
If you are seeing this message you are a loyal digital subscriber to The Courier, as we made this story available only to subscribers. Thankyou very much for your support and allowing us to continue telling Ballarat's story. We appreciate your support of journalism in our great city.