Badminton Ballarat is hitting back.
Players have returned to the court at Ken Kay Stadium after a four-month COVID-19 shutdown.
And no one is happier to see the sport up and going again than Badminton Ballarat manager Rhonda Cator.
She said about 200 players had been on court over four days in the first week of competition.
Cator said while numbers were below the pre-COVID-19 level, it was an encouraging start.
She said participant levels were down in the younger and veteran age groups, which at this stage with so much uncertainty in the community was understandable.
The bulk of the junior players back on court are in the 13 to 18-year age bracket.
As well as badminton, pickleball and curling competitions are also underway again along with casual court hire.
The initial badminton competitions include social doubles, midweek women's A grade, veterans and juniors from Monday to Thursday.