A man in his 20s has died of coronavirus in Victoria, making him Australia's youngest victim.
He's among 14 Victorians to have died from the virus, while the state has recorded 372 new cases, Premier Daniel Andrews confirmed on Friday.
The deaths take the state's toll from the virus to 289 and the national toll to 375.
The other victims are three women and two men in their 80s and four women and four men in their 90s.
Twelve of those 14 fatalities are linked to aged care outbreaks.
Two Victorian men in their 30s had been the nation's previous youngest deaths.
There remains 659 people in hospital in the state and 41 in intensive care, with 26 of those on a ventilator.
The state continues to ramp up its testing sites to capture COVID-19's spread, opening new sites in Geelong, Ballarat and Bendigo.
OTHER BALLARAT COVID-19 NEWS
"It's so, so important for us to track and then to trace and to limit the contact of positive cases and close contacts with others," Mr Andrews told reporters.
"There are 3,119 cases with an unknown source - mystery cases."
Melbourne remains in stage four lockdown with a night curfew, mandatory mask wearing and workplace shutdowns until September 13.
The rest of Victoria is in stage three lockdown.
In Ballarat there are 24 active cases, a number which has grown slowly but steadily over the past two weeks.
The latest location figures are normally released each afternoon.
Geelong and Bendigo saw much faster growth, but have both shown signs of decline in recent days.
Greater Geelong has 172 active cases and Greater Bendigo has 52.
The proposition of a stage four lockdown in the regions is being assessed by the state government.
Deputy chief health officer Allen Cheng said on Thursday officials were considering moving the three regional epicentres to stage four restrictions, but that stage three rules had only been in effect for a week.
"It's sort of a day-by-day proposition," he said.
"We really encourage the community to come forward to get tested so that we can sort of get on top of these transmission chains and hopefully obviate the need for stage four."
The Courier has removed the paywall from our stories relating to health warnings and safety of the community in regards to the coronavirus. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.