It has been almost two months, but Ballarat is finally back down to zero active COVID-19 cases.
According to Premier Daniel Andrews, Ballarat reached the milestone overnight, becoming the first major regional city to reach the mark.
It is the first time Ballarat has been without a known active COVID-19 case since July 15.
Mr Andrews had previously said Ballarat was without an active case late in August, but it time seems far more reasonable this time around given there was just one active case yesterday.
Mr Andrews also revealed there were seven new active cases found in regional Victoria yesterday, taking the 14-day average to five.
However, he said five of those new cases were in Colac and one was in Geelong.
There are now 30 active cases in Colac, 15 in Geelong and two in Bendigo.
Regional Victoria has 82 active cases in total.
There are 10 active cases in the regions with an unknown source, although there have not yet been any timeframes on when these were confirmed.
Mr Andrews said although regional Victoria was tracking in the right direction, it was too early to put timeframes on further easing of lockdowns.
"Regional Victoria will be able to take a step, or maybe two, very soon," he said.
Regional Victoria will advance to the 'second step' on Monday, September 14.
In order to advance to the 'third step', there needs to be less than five cases per day on a rolling 14-day average and no mystery cases in the regions for a fortnight.
The Courier has removed the paywall from our stories relating to health warnings and safety of the community in regards to the coronavirus. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.