For some sports, the absence of crowds might be keenly felt, but bowls doesn't look to be one of them.
Ballarat District Bowls Division president Marilyn Blake says a ban on spectators shouldn't have much impact on competition play.
It comes after the state government gave the green light for senior non-contact sports to resume play, albeit without spectators.
"It's not going to effect your average bowling days, we don't really have crowds until we get to the finals, which aren't until March next year," Blake said.
Unlike football and netball where players often hang around to watch after playing, Blake said bowlers tend to leave straight after their match.
Even in premier pennant competitions, she said crowds won't usually gather until finals.
"I was at Webbcona for both the Saturday and Sunday final last year and they always create a nice atmosphere," she said.
"Until then it's not a big issue though. It's not like junior sport where parents and grandparents attend."
Under the state's third step of the roadmap for reopening regional Victoria, participants of non-contact sport must remain 1.5 metres apart at all times. Blake was confident clubs would be able to manage the guidelines.
"There are a couple of clubs who only have one green and they may have to play over two timeslots on occasions but it's not unmanageable," she said.
Last week the BDBD announced its summer pennant competitions would start in November.
The midweek pennant will begin on Tuesday, November 17, and Saturday pennant on November 21.
In addition to a shorter season, the biggest change is the shift of what had previously been known as Monday pennant to Tuesday.
"We've erred on the side of caution, simply because we are coming out of stage four lockdown in Melbourne and stage three here," Blake said.
"We just need to see how the whole thing goes."