VICTORIA'S COVID-19 NUMBERS FOR OCTOBER 17
* No deaths, leaving the state toll at 816 and the national figure 904
* One new case, linked to a known outbreak at Hoppers Crossing in Melbourne's west.
* 14-day rolling case average is 8.1 for Melbourne and 0.5 for regional Victoria
* 17 mystery cases in Melbourne for the fortnight to Wednesday and none for regional Victoria
* 148 active cases in the state, including seven in regional Victoria - four in Mitchell Shire and three in greater Shepparton. The remaining 141 are in metropolitan Melbourne.
* 13 people in hospital, none in ICU
* 11 active cases involving healthcare workers
* 13 active cases linked to aged care
* 2,925,810 tests have been conducted since the pandemic outbreak and 18,934 in the latest 24-hour period
* 53 new fines issued, including 13 for failing to wear a face mask and six at vehicle checkpoints
* Fines include three women at Essendon Railway Station who thought the 5km travel limit no longer applied and two women on Chapel Street, Prahran who were not wearing face masks and attempted to avoid police.
* Two-hour exercise limit within five kilometres of work or home
* Face masks must cover the mouth and nose every time Victorians leave home - scarves and bandanas are unacceptable
* A household, or maximum of five people from no more than two households, can gather outside
* Religious activities of up to five people, plus one faith leader for outdoor gatherings and ceremonies, are permitted
* The next easing of Melbourne restrictions is due on Monday.
Australian Associated Press