Have you noticed you are seeing less news content in Facebook recently? Did you think it was just you? Well, it's not, and we can help you fix it, so you can see more of the content that matters to you.
We've pulled together this handy guide to help you see our stories first in your Facebook newsfeed.
Facebook prioritises what you see in your newsfeed based on the pages you follow, what you have last engaged with and the types of content Facebook thinks you want to see.
The social network made a change to its algorithm which has made it much harder for readers to get local news when on the platform.
There are a couple of ways to get around this, so you can continue to be up to date with the news.
You can set your Facebook newsfeed up so that our publication is one of your favourites. You'll still not see everything we share to Facebook but you will see more than you are right now.
On your mobile follow these steps:
- When you are on Facebook on your mobile phone follow these steps:
- Select the menu bar on the right hand side at the bottom of the phone.
- Scroll down to Settings and Privacy
- Select Settings
- Scroll down and select Newsfeed Preferences
- Select Favourites
- Search for our Facebook page. (the exact name is needed)
On your desktop device follow these steps:
- On the right hand side of the screen select the triangle menu
- Click on Settings and Privacy
- Click on News Feed Preferences
- Manage Favourites
- Search for our Facebook page (the exact name is needed)
- Select the star to favourite
Having added our page to your favourites you still won't get all of our Facebook posts.
To guarantee you never miss a story you can rearrange your newsfeed so it shows the most recent posts published by the pages and people you follow.
You can do this on your mobile by:
- Going to the menu on the bottom right of your phone when you are on Facebook.
- Scrolling down and selecting Most Recent
- When you are in Facebook scroll down the list of items on the right hand side of the page.
- Select Most Recent
As your local publisher we work hard to bring you content that affects your community and we want you to be able to see those stories as they are published.
Facebook is one way you can see our content, you can also come direct to our website, sign up to receive our newsletters and desktop notifications and find us in Google News.
You can also help us by sharing our stories on Facebook with your friends and families when you think they will have an impact.